Friday, September 19, 2008

Influenza

Strange spelling on influenza but it is right I guess.
Yesterday when I picked up my son from nursery one of the child-minder there told me both her parents where home sick like mad.
They had some influenza and was having diarrhea and was puking.

That doesn't sound so nice, I said and direct asked -"So all people here so far is ok?"
-"yes yes, no one here is sick what we know of, seems like there is something that is going in funchal at the moment".
-"Aha!" (did not know what to say so a tiny aha, uhum or something came out).

Guess what.
Today FRIDAY FUCKING FRIDAY OF ALL DAYS! I picked up my son from nursery.
Everything has been going ok and he has been eating ok and bla bla bla.

Came home, turned on the computer and started skype to talk with my wife.
G was sitting and watching tv.

I went out to make us some sandwishes and took some milk that G loves.
Sat down in the chair and asked if he wanted something.
He was coughing and direct after a nice big warm puke was on the carpet and G started to cry like mad. (Didn't tell you that the worse thing I hate is smell of puke and try to clean up it).
Well it went ok, a lot of paper helped.

More and more and more puking, poor kid.
Felt so "helpless" and could not do more then console him and after that we went in to the bathroom.
I but him in the bathtub and took away the cloth and started the shower to clean.
HE DON'T like the shower I can say for sure, scared and I guess tired as you know how it feels to puke until you can'y anymore yeah?

Put new cloths and so on.
Went back, thinking still that maybe it was just someting one time only.

Told my wife about what happened.

~25 min later, same shit happened on the carpet again.
Why did I just don't MOVE him to the side (wooden floor) then to sit there on the carpet, hard as hell to clean up and the smell... the smell from HELL.

Same thing again then just as last time.
This time he started to puke a bit in the bathtub as well.

Now he starts to look a bit week for sure and I start to fel terrible bad for him.
First time he got this sick for sure.

OK so it was not a one time thing.

3rd time .. about 35 mins later hehe .. almsot same thing again.
Did the same thing again (bording text eh?).

Took him to bed now since he looked tired and weak/dull.
Maybe he just now wanted to sleep abit.
No, he wanted to well lay there and "play around" a bit noting more nothing less.
Oh, sorry forgot someting.

He wanted to puke again in the bed.
Did what I had to do.
Put him on the side of the bed with some blanket and was just sitting there with him.
With his "snutte" and just stayed there for 10-15 mins until my wife came home.

We took him up to the living room again. Went to the couch and sat down.
Now there where no more kind of puking to puke.
Just some well you know .. trying to..

I read on internet a bit about how to handle the baby like this.
3 days it looks like it can take.
1 day of puking and then it will be calmer.

Ok he needs alot of water.. and alot.
So went to the gas station, bought some bottles of water since, the water here is "drinkable" but for a baby with this problem I say NO NO NO.
I prefere to get some better water in a bottle for him.

Now he cant from start drink so much.. just kind of a small spoon at a time..
but we still need to wait .. as I read anyway.

Anyone with some advice here? please comment a lot ok!
All comments are so welcome.

But now G is sleeping so nice. At least for a while.
Going to give him some water again around 21.00 (2 hours from now)
See what will happen.

Oh well .. just a "perfect" Friday. *sigh*
Was sitting here before this happened, if maybe we should go to the park to have a coffee and eat someting and he can maybe taste a ice cream.

Guess not my son, a rain check on that please.

Love you my son, and please get well soon!

0 comments: